The Amphibian Forum
The Amphibian Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Caecilians (Gymnophiona)
 Caecilians
 cost of caecilians

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
facecheese Posted - 17/12/2009 : 13:33:46
i want a caecilian, i was just wonder how much the cost and the running cost of them is.
i already know everything else, it's just fairly difficult to find the costs.
i live in britain by the way, so please can you change from your currency to mine

thanks

ly hopep to hear from people soon
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nikk Posted - 11/01/2011 : 03:39:19
I have a ceacilian and I dont incurr much cost at all. i collect free worms in summer and other wise I have to buy some. I give her shrimp pellets once in a while also. Mine only eats about once a week anyway. If she is shedding, or about to, she wont even look at food. The cost to maintain is minimal. The one time I had to take to vet was a little expensive, but that has been once in 22 years!
adamntitch Posted - 10/01/2011 : 11:24:31
sorry this is an old topic but a shop local to me edinburgh sometimes has the aquatic ones in and there £9 each
lewy Posted - 20/12/2009 : 20:59:59
Hi Kathleen, Welcome to the forum!

Sorry but I'm the same as Phil, Caecilians are rarely available in the uk although Andrew at pollywog can sometimes get hold of aquatic caecilians (www.pollywog.co.uk) The burrowing type are rarely seen in captivity (probably because they don't make the best pets in the world) they basically spend all their time under the soil, only sticking their heads out in the evening to catch passing food.

My recommendation would be to ask Andrew at pollywog to see if he can get any in - although he may even have some in already.
Let us know how you get on
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/12/2009 : 18:20:46
Hiya Facecheese, and welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately this isn't our busiest forum, which is why you probably haven't got a response yet, but I would imagine that someone will be able to answer your question fairly soon.
I can't i'm afraid, as I don't have Caecilians, but I have been thinking about them, so maybe someone can answer it for the both of us.

The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000