The Amphibian Forum
The Amphibian Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Frogs & Toads - (Anura)
 Frog & Toad Photos/Videos
 An update on our collection

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ade Posted - 21/06/2011 : 20:58:52
Well, our collection has grown somewhat since my last visit. Tree frogs we now have both our 3 White's and 2 Asian golden tree frogs. As to our collection of dart frogs, uhm yeah, got a bit carried away there:-

D. tinctorius Regina

These some of you will remember were our first darts.

These actually have a trio of:-

Borja Ridge vents

living in with them. Anybody new to darts looking at this though, mixing is not a good idea until you have more experience.

Next up, we still have our trio of d. leucomelas, which have turned out to all be girls. No new pics of these so I wont waste space putting them here, just a pic of how their viv looks now:-

It also has creeping ficus all over the bottom now and the broms have grown since that pic was taken. Oh and I replaced the screen top with twin wall polycarbonate.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ade Posted - 04/12/2011 : 12:34:47
Oh yeah, and the finished White's viv:-

Thought you'd like a pic of one of the tadpoles as well:-

Ade
Ade Posted - 04/12/2011 : 12:32:32
Hiya, and thanks. Sorry for the late reply.

Right, the cricket basically pruned the plants in that viv, including biting the tips of a large tillandsia and cutting big pieces off my hemigraphis penata. The tilly recovered fine though, and the bits it chomped of the penata actually rooted... lmao So, in a way you could decide the cricket just did a bit of gardening. ;)

Lots has gone on since I last posted on this thread. Including I currently have both French Guyana Amazonica (they're not vents any more, they got reclassified. Sigh) and d. tincotrious Regina tadpoles in water. I also expanded my collection with the addition of:-

4 D. auratus Ancon Hill (2 pairs)
2 O. pumilio Blackjeans (pair)
3 O. pumilio Bribri (female heavy trio)
3 O. pumilio Punta Clara (femal heavy trio)
4 Hyla Calcarata (probably 2 pairs)

I have however closed down the Rio Napa viv, they just refused to do well for me and again I ended up with just 1 frog. despite initial success.

You folks probably want more pics, so:-

Ancon Hill

Black Jeans

Bribri

Punta Clara

Hyla Calcarata

Oh, and nearly forgot the 4 oriental fbts. lol

Ade
nikk Posted - 25/06/2011 : 19:22:36
Great pics!
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/06/2011 : 00:57:26
These are incredible.
Can I have one??

Out of curiosity, what issue did the invaded cricket cause?
lewy Posted - 22/06/2011 : 10:22:36
Great thread! Ade, your collection has really come on - and the planting is brilliant! you must have spent a fortune setting all these up.
Ade Posted - 21/06/2011 : 21:18:39
Nearly finished folks. lol

Right, my most recently finished viv, a 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. This houses a female Oophaga pumilio San Christobal. I did purchase a pair, but the male sadly did not survive the stress, so I am left with just the female until I can get hold of a chap for her.

I also have empty vivs, in the form of a 60cm x 40cm x 40cm dart viv, and an 80cm x 50cm x 60cm amphibian viv that the White's will be moving into from their current 45x45x60cm once it's ready.

Ade
Ade Posted - 21/06/2011 : 21:11:36
Take a deep breath, I haven't finished yet. lol

Next up, our male high trio of Ranitomeya ventrimaculatus Rio Napa in their 30cm x 40cm x 40cm viv.

These actually have tadpoles in with them at the moment.

On to my pride, I converted my 60cm x 60cm x 72cm octagonal aquarium into a dart viv, this houses 7 Ameerega bassieri Sisa.

Next up, my pair of 30cm x 40cm x 40cm vivs, the right one is still empty, but the left one houses 2 proven pairs of R. ventrimaculatus French Guiana.

Ade Posted - 21/06/2011 : 21:04:33
Next up, our pair of d. tinctorius Azureas and their viv. The male has actually started calling now.

There's another brom in there now, along with some cissus discolor and ficus pumilla.

Next up, a pair of d. tinctorius citronella (sex not yet determined). These 2 share a 50cm x 40cm x 40cm viv.

Not exactly a recent pic, but I need to do some work on it after it got invaded by a cricket...

Our pair of d. tinctorius Alanis in their 40cm cube.

The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000