justa few tips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  10:03:07  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
with newts not needing much light in their set ups,planting in an aquatic or semi aquatic set up can be a problem.
however there are some almost indestructable aquatic plants that do well in low light situations.
The main one I use are Anubias, java moss java fern, and willow moss, all of these do well, and can be used to good effect in newt set ups.
for a low light terrestrial set up, devils ivy or normal ivy work well.

LOVE PUNK-HATE RACISM
HATE HOMOPHOBIA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWLnRI&feature=PlayList&p=3899DB3A44FFDD8D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

htpp://punkradiocast.com

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  10:58:55  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lewy will love that info- he's been experimenting with the plants he's been using in the toad tanks.

Go to Top of Page

overlord
Frog Spawn

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  21:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are there any plants that are suiitable for newts that you can find in your back yard

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2009 :  10:09:01  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Myriophyllum, or Elodea densa should be ok.
They are both fairly common in ponds, however getting hold of Myriophyllum* can be hard sometimes, as I believe it's a banned plant species in the UK.

*=pronounced me-ree-off-a-lum

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000