Cliff & Richard - Bufo Regularis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lewy
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
1356 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2008 :  23:56:46  Show Profile  Visit lewy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Egyptian Toads or Square Marked toads

I've had them since April and They are growing and feeding nicely. Hopefully get them to breed next year, Any one done this, or tried?

Lewy

THE AMPHIBIAN.co.uk Team

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  08:46:13  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They look very familiar

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Wanna be 'Dude of Dampness'

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  09:42:11  Show Profile  Click to see matty18714's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You want to breed a toad called cliff and a toad called richard?

They will have very confussed babies

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  12:39:22  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cliff is short for Clifftina

Go to Top of Page

Jain
Tadpole

188 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  18:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok.... blonde roots showing again.... why is the bottom one green coloured and the others brown?? Do they change colours with mood or something (bit like me with PMS)!

Also do you have to use a misting system or similar to keep amphibians?

If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous......
Go to Top of Page

lewy

United Kingdom
1356 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  09:25:10  Show Profile  Visit lewy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They do change colours - why I don't know, I don't think it's mood, I think it is more to do with the colour of surroundings.

Lewy

THE AMPHIBIAN.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  13:17:51  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, they seem to change for the camaflage. If Richard is on moss, he's greeny blothchy, while he'd be more browny on his log. really clever really.

These toads don't need a misting system like most frogs do, because they don't need a tropical climate. We mist there tank about once a day with a spray bottle and have a large, shallow water bowl available at all times and that's sufficient for their needs.

That was one of the reasons we choose toads over frogs for our first amphibians, because they don't need as much fancy equipment like UV and misting like tree frogs do.

Go to Top of Page

Jain
Tadpole

188 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2008 :  23:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oic.. must admit, I love the colour of Kehhlyrs froggie, but I love the fact that your toads are all knobly and wrinkly,... bit like me really ;-)

If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000