Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  20:59:15  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My friend has taken a shine to these hedgehogs, but at £100 she's wondering whether they are worth it?

Has anyone else kept one?

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  21:00:03  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
P.s - if so, let's see the pics

I'm nosey you see

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Wanna be 'Dude of Dampness'

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  22:21:18  Show Profile  Click to see matty18714's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nope, sorry

Go to Top of Page

Jain
Tadpole

188 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  23:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
only ever rescued the wild ones that used to fall down a deep drain at my Mums house... seen a few in our garden before we had the dogs, but think they may have moved on now.... look cute, but not sure I would have one as a pet, but whatever floats your boat

If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous......
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  09:04:19  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think she likes them because she saw them running around in a hamster wheel and it opened up they're playful qualities.

but...way I see it... she could always get an hamster if she wants to watch the wheelie fun

Go to Top of Page

matty18714

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  09:54:41  Show Profile  Click to see matty18714's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hampsers sleep all day? Or have I only seen boring ones? Tell her to get a Rat. Even though i have snakes i still want one as a pet.

Go to Top of Page

lewy

United Kingdom
1356 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  10:32:09  Show Profile  Visit lewy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to have rats - they are great pets! but haven't got room far enough away fro the snakes to get any

Lewy

THE AMPHIBIAN.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

Jain
Tadpole

188 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  23:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rats make brilliant pets... I used to have one that used to sit on my shoulder nattering in my ear most of the evening whilst I was on the computer... used to ride on our dogs back as well... really cute little lovey.

Unfortunately, I became seriously allergic to then.... got like skins over my eyes and really bad hives on one occassion which meant I had to spend half a day in hosp till symptons started to wear off, so never had another once he died, which is a shame - cos they are quite intelligent animals, great characters and really clean.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  21:29:29  Show Profile  Click to see matty18714's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All rats have quite a short life span dont they anyway? 2 years is it?

Go to Top of Page

Jain
Tadpole

188 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  22:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thereabouts... 3 if you're lucky...

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  09:52:28  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Even shorter if you have 10 snakes in the house

Go to Top of Page

Amyboo
Frog Spawn

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  13:55:27  Show Profile  Visit Amyboo's Homepage  Click to see Amyboo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey
we have an african pygmy hedghog, she is called biscut, 7 months old and chocolate in colour.
They are such beautiful little pets, but they dont do very much lol.
yeah they are very funny to watch on their wheels, as they can run very fast.
to be honest £100 is a bargain we paid £150 for biscuit and I know people who have paid more.
They have a life span of 6 - 10 years.
and they do need a very large cage/ viv about 3ft in size as at night they use all the space.
heres our biscuit :-

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  17:39:13  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He's gorgeous!

I prefer the browny ones to the pinky ones

Go to Top of Page

Amyboo
Frog Spawn

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  17:50:47  Show Profile  Visit Amyboo's Homepage  Click to see Amyboo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol thanks, shes my baby

if your friend is seriously interested I really would advise her to get one.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  15:09:14  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I think her boyfriend suggested getting her something unusual but small instead of the dog she's been begging for. Now I think they are seriously considering getting a dog again.

Typical!

Go to Top of Page

ToM
Pondweed

Borneo
12 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  16:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hedgehogs rock. my friend rescued just a normal hedgehog that had hrt itself. and it gave birth. now they have loads of mini hedehogs running aroung and a rabbit run. its sooo cool
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000