Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Newts & Salamanders (Caudata)
 Newts
 What can i put with my fire belly newts?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matthew
Pondweed

Malta
1 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  17:24:49  Show Profile  Click to see Matthew's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've just bought a fire belly newt and I was wondering if there is any other animal that I can put in the same aquarium.Any help?

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  19:10:58  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would probably keep to just one species per tank and get another fire bellied newt.

Not heard of anyone keeping anything different together as I would think that problems would arise like one eating the other, one toxining out the other, fighting for territory etc.

Go to Top of Page

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  19:33:56  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
please dont mix with anything else
you may get away with it for a while, but it will almost always result in catastrophe
check out this page
http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/Mixing_disasters.shtml
and whatever you do, dont take any notice of pet shop owners who will tell you almost anything to make a sale

LOVE PUNK-HATE RACISM
HATE HOMOPHOBIA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWLnRI&feature=PlayList&p=3899DB3A44FFDD8D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

htpp://punkradiocast.com
Go to Top of Page

mummyhamster
Pondweed

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  21:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, definitely only stick to one species per tank. I'm just starting up my Amphibian collection - just bought my second tank today
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000