Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ravenincanoe
Pondweed

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  10:39:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I adopted a White's tree frog in May and have a nice terrarium set up for him/her. Most of the time he/she is brown in colour. Is that normal?

One more thing, I was wondering about the activity of my frog. Doesn't seem to be very active at night at all. Eats sometimes once a day and will leave eating for two days. He loves crickets and is picky on mealworms. I put vitamins and calcium powder on the insects. He/she was in a petstore from Oct 09 and was kept in a very small terrarium. He/she is now in a 20 or 25 gallon tank. How active should a White's tree frog be at night?
Thanks,

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  11:52:30  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think he's probably still settling in. They can display brown colourations when stressed, but since he's only been with you for a month and has gone from a small tank to a large one then I wouldn't worry too much yet. It takes time for them to adjust.

Have you got pictures of the set up?

Feeding sounds about right, althugh you should only dust with vits every other feed.

Ours are really active at night, but only when the lights are out and they think we aren't watching

Go to Top of Page

ravenincanoe
Pondweed

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  08:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kazerella,

Thanks for the reply. I do have a photo I can download and put it in my pictures folder. I was wondering about that, about how often he/she should be getting of vitamins and calcium. Thanks so much for answering that question.

Thanks again for your reply. I feel better that he probably still has adjusting to do.
Go to Top of Page

ravenincanoe
Pondweed

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2010 :  08:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kazerella,

I will locate a picture of his setup and send them.

Thanks again for your help,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000