Dendrobates leucomelas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ade
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  16:51:29  Show Profile  Visit Ade's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought you folks would quite like this pic of one of my leucs (different viv to my Regina):-

For a frog I thought I didn't like, I then saw them in the flesh when I collected the Regina, so got 3 for my ZooMed build when I went to pick up another viv from Dartfrog.

Ade

Ade
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  16:53:59  Show Profile  Visit Ade's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh and here's 1 of the others (3 total):-

Ade
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  10:56:00  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really bright looking darts.

They are so interesting to watch too. Are you enjoying keeping them?

Go to Top of Page

Ade
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  12:43:39  Show Profile  Visit Ade's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thoroughly. Dare I say it, I prefer them to tree frogs, basically because they are up in the day so we get to see them a LOT more. lol

I would even recommend them to beginners, as the fact is it really ISN'T that hard to culture fruit flies and maintain humidity and temps etc. At least with these you get to see them during the day, and I'll be honest, they are MUCH cheaper to feed than my White's. lol

Anyway, managed to get a pic of their 3rd viv mate, so here it is:-

The frog with the markings that look like a face on it's head is VERY bold now. I had the viv open earlier whilst I hand misted it, they ALL love it when I mist but that one especially likes it, and came right to the open door, I had to shut it quick. lol

Ade
Go to Top of Page

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  15:07:57  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with you about them being good frogs for beginners, and they are so bold and active as well.
I got my pair breeding for the first time this year,and presently have two quickly growing froglets for sale plenty of tadpoles growing daily, along with two more batches of eggs.
Once they start breeding they just wont stop lol

LOVE PUNK-HATE RACISM
HATE HOMOPHOBIA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWLnRI&feature=PlayList&p=3899DB3A44FFDD8D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

htpp://punkradiocast.com
Go to Top of Page

Ade
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  18:33:02  Show Profile  Visit Ade's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats bud. I really hope things go as well with mine. ;)

Might I ask what supplements you use? I use the Repashy ICB and mist with RO water fortified with B.S.P drops and Zolcal-D. They seem to be doing really well on this, and really really seem to love the misting. :) Gained weight in the short time I've had them as well.

Picking up a sexed pair of Azureas and a replacement male tinctorius 'Regina' next week as well. NOT for the same viv I hasten to add. lol

Ade

Edited by - Ade on 10/09/2010 18:34:57
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2010 :  16:35:01  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awwww we could be in for a heated debate....

I prefer the tree frogs because they are bigger, more acrobatic and funny when they vocalise to daft stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Ade
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  23:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Ade's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All true, except they do that at night, when it's dark, and you aren't looking... lol

Darts also call, are up in the day, perform acrobatics, oh and are nicely colored. :D

Ade
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  09:24:57  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes but the whites are useful

Lewy forgot to set the alarm last night, so if Garamond hadn't vocalised really loadly at 7.15 this morning I would've been late for work

Go to Top of Page

raven76
Pondweed

Sweden
32 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  14:38:16  Show Profile  Visit raven76's Homepage  Send raven76 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
very cute! super photos
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000