New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katie-Jayne
Pondweed

3 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  21:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have got a couple of square marked toads, one male and one female and would like to breed them

Does anyone have detailed information on how to breed them?! Would be very grateful!

Many Thanks

Katie-J

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  09:16:42  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Totally stolen from another post.

quote:
Originally posted by punkman

check out this site
http://www.binary-nature.de/bufo/en/index_en.html

it has excellent advice on breeding various bufo toads including regularis.

I followed the advice on bufo americanus last year, and had the male calling, along with some amplexis, but sadly no spawn.
I will be trying again next spring

Go to Top of Page

raven76
Pondweed

Sweden
32 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  14:34:26  Show Profile  Visit raven76's Homepage  Send raven76 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not long ago I was asking the same question and went to that link it's the best info you will find on the net about breeding bufo regularis. I was going to wait until spring to breed mine however my little dude is already calling lol I think it's because they kept them in a pretty dry spot at that petshop and didn't have a nice pool of water to soak in they just had a little water bowl :(

So now they are in high humitiy and a nice big pool of warm water to soak in. So maybe he's just feelin a little frisky now hehehe.. I haven't had them long but I adore them and they are eating really well so I'm pretty pleased.. I doubt they will lay eggs without being rained on for awhile so I still plan on waiting for spring... Good luck Katie I would love to hear about any results you might have with your toads
Go to Top of Page

Katie-Jayne
Pondweed

3 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  20:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, thanks for that! I'd love to breed them, so fingers crossed! Let me know how you guys get on as well.

Thanks, Katie-Jayne
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000