Our new TREE frogs..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ade
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  18:10:18  Show Profile  Visit Ade's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, popped to The Hollybush garden centre today, between Cannock and Wolverhampton. They have a large herp section there, so I had a nose around. They'd got quite a few different phibs in there, including marbled salamanders, tiger salamanders, fire salamanders, oak toads (singularly unhealthy looking), oriental fire bellied toads, false tomato frog, chubby frog, ornate horned frog, another type of horned frog....

The real find though wasn't in with the rest, they were in the middle of the dry goods area in a massive octagonal glass display viv packed with different tree frogs, supposedly firebellied toads and fire salamanders as well but I didn't find them. We all know how bad pet stores can be for mixing, so I wont rant about that, it goes without saying, given as this viv contained American green treefrogs, Cuban tree frogs, peacock tree frogs and a pair of what I came away with..... golden tree frogs....

The minute I saw them I was in love! They may be common, they may be cheap (a bit over £14 each) but they are lovely frogs, and it seems quite bold as my new babies (not literal. lol) are currently asleep, one on the side glass of the viv and one on the door!

They're in my 45cm cube Exo at the moment, which may prove a bit too small for the long term but if it does I'll upgrade them to a 60x45x60 to give them more jumping room (shish they can jump!), I had it empty though so that's where they have gone for now:-

Anyway, the frogs, you can hear them snoring if you are very quiet lol:-

The store had had them in for a while, and they are plump and healthy looking. I asked what size crickets they were taking, and got told "whatever size you put in front of them!", so they were feeding well in the store.

Ade
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000