Help with axolotl PLEASE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  02:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi ive had my axolotl about 6 months now and love it. she ( i think ) is great and i enjoy having her. Last night when feeding her i found what i thought was a mayfly nymph. After looking online i think ive found out that its damselfly nymph. its under a cm long and is white. i need to no if there are anymore in the tank will they affect my axolotl at all ?

many thanks

Kehhlyr
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  04:02:48  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If the egg was laid in the tank so the larvae could hatch in there, then it should hopefully be fairly safe to eat.
I'd imagine the axie would nom that down quite quickly.

I used to feed various insect larvae to my froggys and newts, they probably had some of those at some point. If you could try get a piccy would be better, damselfly nymphs to me were always a greenish colour.
The only thing I would be concerned about having with an axie would be a dragonfly nymph, although those are HUGE and only really and issue to smaller Axies.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2011 :  11:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the information. They are a geeny colour in the light. i would upload a pic but i dont no now. i dont think that they where layed in the tank as its indoors could they have come in on the plants that i have? also do you no what damselfly nymphs eat so if theres any think in the tank that they eat i can remove it ?

many thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000