New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mtnpeach
Pondweed

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  01:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe my aquatic frog scraped his belly on something while chasing feeder fish a couple of days ago. I noticed he did not want to eat his cube from my fingers last night for the first time in over a year which alarmed me greatly, but I did not see the scrape until this morning. It is almost 1/4" wide & long and red, definitely through the outer soft layer :( Is there something I can buy at the pet store tomorrow to put in the water to help it heal? Please tell me it will heal? He didn't eat again today - I am very concerned! He does share the aquarium with his pal, should I separate them for any reason? Thanks for any advice!

nikk
Frog Spawn

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2011 :  23:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone WILL come along< who is much more informed than me, but I would believe it will heal on it's own, if it is only the outer skin< but I would worry about infection and getting him to a more sterile enviroment.
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  13:56:30  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would seperate just in case. Another tank mate may cause him stress, which isn't good if he's trying to heal himself.

Try this website:
http://www.pollywogsworldoffrogs.com/Text-html/frog-rx-fungal.html#skin

it lists a few things you can try for breaks in the skin.

Unfortunately I've not tried any of them so can't say whether they will work of not.

Keep us informed x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000