New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AimeeJaine
Pondweed

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  16:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm new to the site, and I just got my first frog but I'm not too sure what kind of frog (s)he is. I figured you guys would be the best people to ask :) I know (s)he's a leaf frog, and I think (s)hes a painted belly monkey frog, but his (or her) head is the wrong shape and the belly is pure white, no green spots. (s)he is pretty tiny atm and I'm not sure if the shape changes over time. I've got some pictures, but they they aren't fantastic so if you need some better ones let me know :)

I hope this is the right place to post this, as its both an introduction and a question...

thanks

Images fixed by K

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 20/04/2011 00:55:45

AimeeJaine
Pondweed

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  16:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scrap that, Lightning McQueen is a green tree frog, although I'm not sure which green tree frog. i'm just hoping his go faster stripes dont disappear.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  22:14:42  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome.
Unfortunately I couldn't comment anyway as I can see no pics.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

AimeeJaine
Pondweed

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  16:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah sorry about that, I used Image shack, so u have to open em in a new tab. (i read the image instructions after I posted) I reckon he's an american tree frog. does anyone know how long they live, cos I've been told everything from 2 yrs to 20?
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Gill Grissom - Resident 'Bug-Man'

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2011 :  09:59:23  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the 'phib. Likewise, can't see the pics. If you have a Photobucket account upload them to that and then copy and paste the IMG code for each pic onto here

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  00:58:15  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Now pics are fixed, looks more like a waxy frog to me. Doubt it is though, I am useless as identifying froggies.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Gill Grissom - Resident 'Bug-Man'

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2011 :  11:14:02  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a gorgeous little froggy

Kehhlyr: Notice how it is camouflaging itself in all the pictures K. I stand corrected

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000