Caecillians
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2008 :  09:19:07  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got to admit that I didn't really know what a Caecillian was until I did a bit of research and to be honest they are a little bit scary.

Just wondered what attracts you to keeping them?

matty18714
Wanna be 'Dude of Dampness'

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2008 :  10:14:09  Show Profile  Click to see matty18714's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I only just heard of them aswell, I looked on google for 10mins but didn't find much about them.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  18:52:05  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tell me about it- I'm trying to write a care sheet on them and can't find much info on the net or in books

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  22:38:40  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Water worms.
With ketchup=Yummy

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2008 :  12:32:26  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They don't look that edible actually... but then again, don't southern shanghais eat jellied eels? Or is that just a myth to scare us northerners from venturing down there in case they make us eat summat?

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  19:18:46  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've spent all day doing research for the care sheets for these creatures (with the occasional break to make it look like I was actually working ) and I've only just realised these are those cool things that David Attenborough caught for the first time on video eating their mums!

It was cool- think it was on Life in Cold Blood. The females apparently fatten themselves up, so that when their larvae is born it can nibble on her flesh to feed themselves. Weird!

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  21:18:41  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the link:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UCF4qmxdkkM

Go to Top of Page

Jain
Tadpole

188 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  23:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eeeeeeehhhhh... I don't think I like these!... safely say this is one of the things I won't be getting!!

If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous......
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  09:01:52  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think we will either- some of the faces look cute, but earthworms look the same and are cheaper to keep

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Gill Grissom - Resident 'Bug-Man'

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  19:34:02  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cool. They look like the worms in the Mr Man books .

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  09:43:58  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Get one Paulusworm!!!!

and I'm not just saying that because we are desperate for pictures on the care sheet

Go to Top of Page

Amyboo
Frog Spawn

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  13:30:58  Show Profile  Visit Amyboo's Homepage  Click to see Amyboo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hmmmm.... how odd are they.... scary.
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  15:23:00  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cute little faces though

Go to Top of Page

Amyboo
Frog Spawn

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  16:21:59  Show Profile  Visit Amyboo's Homepage  Click to see Amyboo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
haha yeah they do have!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000