gut loading question...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jono2411
Pondweed

35 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  23:41:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long before I feed the crix to the FBT trio should i be putting the carrot and parsnip in with the crix?

I feed the FBTs every other day and have been putting the veg in the day before, so in order with each thing being a seperate day it goes:
gutload-feed-gutload-feed... etc

Not sure if that makes much sense but hopefully someone can work it out...

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  13:47:41  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a good idea- we feed ours whenever we have fresh veg as crickets get most of their moisture from greens.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Gill Grissom - Resident 'Bug-Man'

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:40:50  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds good to me. If the feeders start getting fussy don't feed them for 24hrs and then put the food in. They'll be so hungry that they will eat anything by then .

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  13:25:59  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
except for cockroaches who are very particular

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Gill Grissom - Resident 'Bug-Man'

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2009 :  17:07:54  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They'll need to be starved for a bit longer. They've got larger fat reserves that Vanessa Feltz .

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  09:31:02  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the Dubias are the best thing we've got - they don't need much food (unlike the crickets who eat eachother if you forget the veggies), they are easy to clean (the poo is dry and pours out into the bin), they are quiet (unlike the crickets), they aren't too ugly (like the mealies) and they don't scurry or climb (like the lobster roaches), plus they grow big so even the Mighty Alberto can be satisfied by them.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000