Plants Online
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lewy
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
1356 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2008 :  15:42:45  Show Profile  Visit lewy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just found these great for tropical and aqua setups

http://www.aquaticplants.eu.com/

Also http://www.dartfrog.co.uk are great for amphibian safe plants!

Lewy

THE AMPHIBIAN.co.uk Team

Bufo Bill
Pondweed

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  19:34:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greenline, or Aquatic plants Eu have down-sized in a big way now, and I don't often use them for my amphibian tanks now, but I can highly recommend Dartfrog - they do some temperate plants too.
All the best from Bill.

Bufo Bill: Animal keeper and professional geek.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  23:12:03  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you ever want any myriophyllum or Elodea Densa, let me know.
I have to burn or compost loads of the stuff because of how rapidly it grows.

Bit of a grey area in regards the densa though apparently.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

Ade
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  17:32:52  Show Profile  Visit Ade's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I still use Pro-aqua-Plant (as Greenline is now known, Andy's son took over I think), they are EXCELLENT for rarer mosses without the rarefied price tag! I have been a customer of their's since 1997 now, and the few times I have been unhappy they have always come through for me with replacements. A perfect example was a time I ordered a large (mother plant) microsorium pteropus, when it arrived it was just a pot of leaves wrapped in sponge. I took pics and contacted Andy and he investigated and found that his supplier had sent him a load like that (those of you who have grown microsorium will know that if less than 2 leaves per piece of rhizome it rots, these leaves didn't even have a rhizome), so he sent me a BIG box FULL of both normal leaf form and windelov form microsorium pteropus FOC (he offered a refund, but I wanted the plants not the money. lol). That was when Andy was running them though, before an earthquake smashed his glass and put the nail in the coffin of his business (he was already struggling from the hikes in fuel prices). They relaunched as Pro-aqua-Plant a couple of months later and now only sell plants grown by themselves, which is why they are such good value.

Dartfrog are ok for broms, live food, substrates etc, but some of the other plants I have had from them have been a bit disappointing in size, always arrived live though.

Plants Alive (plantsalive.co.uk) are good for emerse grown echinodorus etc, Green Machine for Tropica.

Ade
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000