New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

facecheese
Pondweed

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  13:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i want a caecilian, i was just wonder how much the cost and the running cost of them is.
i already know everything else, it's just fairly difficult to find the costs.
i live in britain by the way, so please can you change from your currency to mine

thanks

ly hopep to hear from people soon

bleh

Kehhlyr
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  18:20:46  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya Facecheese, and welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately this isn't our busiest forum, which is why you probably haven't got a response yet, but I would imagine that someone will be able to answer your question fairly soon.
I can't i'm afraid, as I don't have Caecilians, but I have been thinking about them, so maybe someone can answer it for the both of us.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

lewy
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
1356 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  20:59:59  Show Profile  Visit lewy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kathleen, Welcome to the forum!

Sorry but I'm the same as Phil, Caecilians are rarely available in the uk although Andrew at pollywog can sometimes get hold of aquatic caecilians (www.pollywog.co.uk) The burrowing type are rarely seen in captivity (probably because they don't make the best pets in the world) they basically spend all their time under the soil, only sticking their heads out in the evening to catch passing food.

My recommendation would be to ask Andrew at pollywog to see if he can get any in - although he may even have some in already.
Let us know how you get on

Lewy

THE AMPHIBIAN.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

adamntitch
Pondweed

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  11:24:31  Show Profile  Click to see adamntitch's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry this is an old topic but a shop local to me edinburgh sometimes has the aquatic ones in and there £9 each
Go to Top of Page

nikk
Frog Spawn

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  03:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a ceacilian and I dont incurr much cost at all. i collect free worms in summer and other wise I have to buy some. I give her shrimp pellets once in a while also. Mine only eats about once a week anyway. If she is shedding, or about to, she wont even look at food. The cost to maintain is minimal. The one time I had to take to vet was a little expensive, but that has been once in 22 years!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000