New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mazz
Pondweed

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  01:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, here's a couple of pics of my 'babies', getting them to stay still and pose nicely is a little tricky and my albino's eyes always seem to have an alien like glow! Sorry for the grainy quality, these were taken on my mobile.

This is Oscar sitting in the food bowl - i think that was a hint for me to put something in it! (which of course i did, who could resist those begging eyes lol?!) I like to hand feed them as its fun for me and them too i hope, but i also have a bowl that i use for feeding bloodworm as an attempt to stop them wriggling off all over the tank - i have to admit that doesnt always work very well!

And here is Rose sampling a pellet! Out of the two she's definitely the greediest and least fussy - if anything gets anywhere near her head she'll eat it whereas Os seems to like to sniff at food before deciding if he wants it!

This is the tank they are currently in but the stones have gone now. Their home seems to be a constant work in progress, at the moment i'm setting up a new tank for them with sand substrate as i think the bottom looks very bare with nothing on it and i wonder if the reflections from the glass might annoy them. I was going to try a slate base but don't want to damage the brand new tank, that may be something to try on the old tank once they've moved out!

Mazz

0.0.9 Fish - danios & minnows
0.0.2 Aquatic dwarf frogs
0.0.2 GALS
1.0.0 Syrian hamster
0.0.2 Axolotl
1.1.0 Kids!

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  10:48:50  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow- great set up! and cute axies too!

They are quite a bit bigger then my too. It's strange about Rose, because everyone says albinos/the lighter morphs are supposed to be the less eager feeders, but I've found the same with Attilla. Timujin is the only wild type I've got and although he does feed well, he's nothing compared to the eating machine Attilla is

I'm not sure about the reflections thing either. I would've thought it wouldn't matter, and would've said the benefits of a substrate-less tank would be ease of cleaning,but after watching Attilla chase his own reflection for a while yesterday now I'm not so sure.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000