And now.

This is Fredilina who up until 2 days ago I thought was a Fred

I have only had her 5 weeks and she sure is a large lady lol

We also have 5 Cane Toads and I will post some photo's up of those too

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2010 :  13:46:55  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great pictures.

I love pacmans- they are great pets.

I also have a Cane toad, but he's miserable

Go to Top of Page

nikk
Frog Spawn

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  21:31:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I'll bite, why is your cane toad miserable?
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  11:00:16  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Because he doesn't like doing anything. Just sits there with a grumpy look on his face

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  13:18:15  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Because he doesn't like doing anything. Just sits there with a grumpy look on his face

Enough about Lewy.

What about the cane toad??

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2010 :  16:32:20  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I said Mickey Marinus was grumpy, but not Lewy grumpy

Go to Top of Page

nikk
Frog Spawn

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2010 :  22:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL
Go to Top of Page

raven76
Pondweed

Sweden
32 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2010 :  12:09:07  Show Profile  Visit raven76's Homepage  Send raven76 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my cane toad is the exact same!!! .. she is very particular... and very nervous... I don't pick her up because she is so scared so I try to give her a nice home but if you move anything in her tank.. change anything in her tank at all she will bury herself and not come out or eat for weeks! disturb her in anyway and she will bury and not come out for weeks.... the only time she does come out is when its dark and everything is completely quiet. I once tried to filter her water and she stopped coming out because it made a low hum sound LOL.....

so when everything is the same she does come out once everyone is in bed she then eats well and likes to spend time in her pond I have a heater under her pond to keep the water at a nice temp and to keep the humity nice...
I've tried to put her for sale in hopes to find a cane toad lover but I've never found one here in sweden so I hope she's happy with my efforts.. :/
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  09:22:19  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's exactly the same as Micky Marinus.

It's weird because they have a reputation for being brave toads that supposedly like humans, but I've not seen that. He likes his food, but apart from that he likes hiding and making really big poos

Go to Top of Page

raven76
Pondweed

Sweden
32 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  14:43:39  Show Profile  Visit raven76's Homepage  Send raven76 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I found a really awesome home for my marinus. It's a Tropical Centre open to the public that has been running for many years. On occasion we have visited there with our children. It's about 15 minutes away from us so if I get to missing her I can pop down there to see her. The man who runs it is very experienced so that makes me feel at ease she will have a nice life there.. Just thought I'd share :)

Edited by - raven76 on 29/09/2010 14:44:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000