breeding bufo regularis??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raven76
Pondweed

Sweden
32 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  21:23:27  Show Profile  Visit raven76's Homepage  Send raven76 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to all I'm new to the forum...

I've been planning on purchasing some bufo regularis for some time now. While researching I've had a horrible time finding anything on their mating habits. I would love it if anyone could share any info with me on breeding.. I plan on having a few so I would like to know as much as I possibly can before I bring them home..

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  10:55:05  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got some Bufo regularis, but unfortunately we've got two males so haven't bred them

I think it's suposed to be pretty straight forward though. Just let nature take it's course

Go to Top of Page

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  12:39:45  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote

check out this site
http://www.binary-nature.de/bufo/en/index_en.html

it has excellent advice on breeding various bufo toads including regularis.

I followed the advice on bufo americanus last year, and had the male calling, along with some amplexis, but sadly no spawn.
I will be trying again next spring

LOVE PUNK-HATE RACISM
HATE HOMOPHOBIA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWLnRI&feature=PlayList&p=3899DB3A44FFDD8D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

htpp://punkradiocast.com
Go to Top of Page

raven76
Pondweed

Sweden
32 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  14:34:25  Show Profile  Visit raven76's Homepage  Send raven76 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks punkman will check that out right now
Go to Top of Page

raven76
Pondweed

Sweden
32 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2010 :  12:21:24  Show Profile  Visit raven76's Homepage  Send raven76 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I finally got my first two regularis and I totally adore them!! so far I have a boy and a girl and they seem pretty happy and healthy ... I'm thankful for the help you guys
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000