New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

animalialover
Pondweed

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2010 :  21:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi this is my first post! I know you get loads of fbt questions but i am thinking of getting a few and i was wondering where i could find a good starter kit online. I was also wondering your take on the lees firebelly landing, There are many different reviews on this habitat some good some bad? What are your thoughts on it? if you havent seen it google it! lol

1 corn snake hatchling
2 Giant African Land Snails
1 Hamster
1 Leopard Gecko
3 Chickens
1 Dog
RIP Pod The Stick Insects

Kehhlyr
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2010 :  10:44:59  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
From what info i could get about the firebelly landing kit and the size of it then it doesn't look to bad, maybe as a starter or temporary housing.
To me the sizing sounds a bit small, although the little ramp/step thing in the middle is a nice little gimic I can only think it'd be about the same price to get a larger plastic tank from pets at home, or wilkinsons and a couple small plastic pots to go inside as a 'basking' area.
11 inches round is a bit small as well, and with the island being slap bang in the middle it'll probably be a bit awkward to heat. I reckon 1 possibly 2 FBT's in there at a push, but you wont be able to deck it out very well with hides etc.
A large exo-terra faun is about the same price, but has 50% more floorspace making it easier to sort out the toads requirements.
http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-supplies/reptile-housing-452/reptile-boxes-576/exo-terra-faunariums-26678.html

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  10:48:50  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the landings look cool, but I agree with Kehhlyr- probably a bit small for more than 2 FBTs.

Go to Top of Page

Gmac
Pondweed

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  04:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by veipjeame

Hi

if Carlsberg did spammers, they wouldnt hire you , they would then be the worst spammers in the world

Gmac
Go to Top of Page

nikk
Frog Spawn

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  19:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly