New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zachariah
Pondweed

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2010 :  18:32:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have three fire belly toads 2 of them are healthy and acting normal and one is listless and not eating normally and seems a lot darker than when I got her. Do you think that she is stressed out by the other 2? Should I seperate here into her own tank? All the toads came from the same store and from the same tank only days apart. The sick toad was the first one I got and then a few days later I got the other 2, that's when she started acting different and that is also the same day that I moved her from her smaller 5 gallon tank to the larger tank. They live in a 10 gallon tank with 1/3rd land and a hollow log for hiding and frog moss. I put a waterfall fiter in the tank and change the water every 4-5 days. They eat live small gut loaded crickets dusted with calcium. What do I need to do to get her feeling better? I appreciate all help and want to do all I can to keep my toads healthy and happy. Also would a UVB light bulb help? Thank you.

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2010 :  17:14:22  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sometime phibs do change colour with stress, and it does seem like she's had a bit of a stressful time.

I would seperate just in case there turns out to be something medically wrong with her, but hopefully a few days in a quiet tank might calm her down and it will be nothing to worry about.

Keep us posted x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000