New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NikkiLian
Pondweed

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2011 :  23:15:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I usually keep snakes but the kids have decided they want to get in on the act! Seeing as though everyone seems to be buying Beardies at the minute i thought i'd go for something a bit different and quite like the idea of Whites tree frogs. I've done a fair bit of reading up on here about how to keep them but was just wondering; I've been given a 240 litre fish tank and stand, it has all the light fittings in the hood, would this be ok to keep 3 whites in? if so, how would i heat the bottom of the tank? i know there needs to be a heatmat on the side but with the weight of the tank i'm not sure how i'd heat the bottom? I'm a complete novice at this so i'm sorry if i ask LOTS of stupid questions! :)

Kehhlyr
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  02:37:03  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd get a couple sheets of polystrene and on one of the sheets make a cutout for the mat, that way the weight of the tank will get distributed across the remaining polystyrene, and the extra sheet underneath will throw the heat back towards the bottom of the tank.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

NikkiLian
Pondweed

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  20:39:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx Kehhlyr, never thought of doing that! lol Also, i'd like to have a go at using live plants, i have the list of plants that are safe but i read on here that the plants will need a special light to replace the sunlight, whats the best to use?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000