The Amphibian Forum
The Amphibian Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Feeding & Foods
 Culturing Livefood
 crickets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Midnight Posted - 05/06/2011 : 08:33:30
Does anyone here breed crickets? If so, how do you do it?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lewy Posted - 21/06/2011 : 13:59:08
I agree dubias are great if your phibs will take them. Our whites and love them, richard (Squar marked toad) isn't as keen. The mighty Alberto will eat anything... fingers included.
Dubia roaches are really easy to set up, keep and breed as well. various stages of the life cycle will do various size frogs too
Kehhlyr Posted - 18/06/2011 : 23:03:09
Has anyone tried roachs with their 'phibs??
It's a lot easier (and less smelly) to have a nice dubia roach colony and if your frogs eat them could make things a lot easier.
Kazerella Posted - 13/06/2011 : 10:26:41
It is definitely worth a try though, like I said I only put a damp tub of soil in and got results.

Worth leaving one in anyway, just in case. They may even drink from the damp substrate, so could make them live a bit longer too.
Midnight Posted - 09/06/2011 : 11:28:56
Thanks, Kazerella,it does sound difficult to breed crickets. I think I'll go on buying them.
Kazerella Posted - 08/06/2011 : 16:08:43
I've only managed it once, and the best way I've found is to keep a tub of damp eco-earth in there with them. The females have somewhere to lay their eggs then.

http://www.theamphibian.co.uk/crickets_live_food_care_sheet.htm

Not really tried properly though, that was a fluke. Creepy crawlies don't last very long in our house. Too many things want to eat them :0)

The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000