Fire Salamanders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2008 :  16:08:03  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've decided- Fire salamanders LOOK cool...

but are they actualy cool? Just wondered if anyone has ever had one? and what are they like to keep?

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  17:29:35  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
easy to keep as long as you can keep the temperatures down low enough.

LOVE PUNK-HATE RACISM
HATE HOMOPHOBIA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWLnRI&feature=PlayList&p=3899DB3A44FFDD8D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

htpp://punkradiocast.com
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Wanna be 'Dude of Dampness'

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  18:34:58  Show Profile  Click to see matty18714's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Kaz is a northener who never puts the heating on. High temps wont be an issue

Go to Top of Page

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  09:35:43  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bit same as me then lol , central heating is a no no in my house. have to keep it cool for the newts and salamanders

LOVE PUNK-HATE RACISM
HATE HOMOPHOBIA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWLnRI&feature=PlayList&p=3899DB3A44FFDD8D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

htpp://punkradiocast.com
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  10:52:40  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's easy here then

We are lucky if the temps reach over 10C even with the heating on

I've been fancying Salamanders for a while, they are so cute and seem quite active compaired to frogs.

Plus the not needing a heat mat seems a good thing, our electricity bill is already sky high with 10 snakes, 2 toads and a pacman to keep warm, and a fish tank pump on all the time

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  12:35:23  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoo hoo- got another 3ft aquarium off Freecycle. Looks like the sals are a step closer. Just need space to set the tank up now.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Gill Grissom - Resident 'Bug-Man'

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  19:49:21  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do it. Do it. Do it now.

They are brilliant. Really chilled out. Lewy will have fun with them with his camera. The contrast between the black and the vivid yellow is amazing.

Edited by - Paulusworm on 13/02/2009 19:51:15
Go to Top of Page

lewy

United Kingdom
1356 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  21:35:09  Show Profile  Visit lewy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We need more room... when we've got all the DIY done and we have more room I'm sure we will... we're still battling over what's going in the tank... I still want Michael Cane Toad but Kaz wants sals... not that I don;t like the look of sals, would love some we need a spare house just for herps

Lewy

THE AMPHIBIAN.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000