salamander enclosure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  16:56:05  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spent most of today sorting out an outdoor enclosure for fire salamanders.
It has underground hibernation ares, lots of hiding places, water section, rotting wood-bark- dead leaves etc.
I am planning on puttinhg my sals out there at the end of march, and they will live in there year round

LOVE PUNK-HATE RACISM
HATE HOMOPHOBIA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWLnRI&feature=PlayList&p=3899DB3A44FFDD8D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

htpp://punkradiocast.com

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  16:59:49  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks great!

Did it take a lot of money to set up?

Go to Top of Page

lewy

United Kingdom
1356 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  17:01:51  Show Profile  Visit lewy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good! What are the dimensions of the floor area and how many sals will be going in here?

Lewy

THE AMPHIBIAN.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  17:05:49  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The enclosure was already built, so all I had to do was add some substrate, above the sand I already had in there, add some rocks from my garden etc, so no it cost me nothing at all today

The cost when originaly setting the enclosure up years ago, was just the cost of the breeze blocks, and mesh for the lid.
Go to Top of Page

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  17:10:04  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
floor space in the enclosure is 6 foot by 4 foot, but there are also the underground areas that the sals have access too, which are probably under around a third of the enclosure.
I have 1 male and two female fire sals that are going out into the enclosure.

LOVE PUNK-HATE RACISM
HATE HOMOPHOBIA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWLnRI&feature=PlayList&p=3899DB3A44FFDD8D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

htpp://punkradiocast.com
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2009 :  13:13:28  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's quite a large enclosure then- bet they'll love it in there.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000