New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stace13
Pondweed

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2011 :  20:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i did the enormously stupid thing of trusting a petshop and on impulse bought a newt, as they told me i could put it in my already set up tank.
my set up tank is a tropical one, with guppies etc, so i assumed that newts were like african dwarf frogs and could live in an aquarium... is this true or a lie?
i am really panicking now- i want the little guy to do well and dont want to return him if possible... any help will be greatly appreciated- i have another tropical water-treated empty tank i can empty the water from if need be to use, i also have an empty viv in my attic i can get down and clean...
what water treatments if any sshould i use- i read somewhere bottled water, other places treated water?

punkman
Tadpole

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2011 :  12:05:41  Show Profile  Visit punkman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nope it wont go in a tropical tank , pet shops tell you any old crap to make a sale
theres a good care sheet here
http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Cynops/C_orientalis.shtml

LOVE PUNK-HATE RACISM
HATE HOMOPHOBIA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOBdoWLnRI&feature=PlayList&p=3899DB3A44FFDD8D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

htpp://punkradiocast.com

Edited by - punkman on 20/01/2011 16:33:25
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  13:03:01  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree - I would try and get a seperate set up sorted sharpish.

Pet shops are so infuriating. We hear similar stories to yours all the time on the forums.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000