Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cuckcoo
Pondweed

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2011 :  17:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got 2 fire belly newts and 3 green tree frogs in 29gallon high

one newt always is out of water under bark and now other one was under there now he is gone? do they burrow in moss? i dont wanna dig through and hurt him or scare him

cuckcoo
Pondweed

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  08:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
help?
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
264 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2011 :  13:17:32  Show Profile  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not totally sure on Fire Bellys, but from what little I do know I think they're not fully aquatic, so being out of the water and part burrowing in the moss is not unusual.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon
SOME OF MY ANIMALS

]
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2011 :  12:52:52  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I would have to dig them up to make sure they are still there.

Although they do dig, I'd have to get piece of mind that they'd not escaped or worse- been eaten by the tree frogs.

Go to Top of Page

cuckcoo
Pondweed

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2011 :  06:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i setup tank and pput them all in same time watched closey, frogs and the newts were sitting next to eachother eating crickets and i feed them plenty so fogs are not hungry. they were also bigger then the frogs alittle bit. both stayed in water alot ate crickets that fell in water and newt food then one started staying under bark hunting crickets with a frog next to him all the time still in same spot other one stayed in water always then he was with other newt under bark then next day under a branch in moss then next day gone looked in moss alittle but not well enough gonna change it tm and i hope hes in there
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000