Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

lewy
The Amphibian Administrator

United Kingdom
1356 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  21:30:25  Show Profile  Visit lewy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2-3weeks - They grow really fast apparently

Lewy

THE AMPHIBIAN.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Wanna be 'Dude of Dampness'

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  21:54:15  Show Profile  Click to see matty18714's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What are the eggs like? All soft or a bit tougher on the outside? Just interested, and I wanst sure if "hatch" was the right word with 'phibs.

Go to Top of Page

lewy

United Kingdom
1356 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  22:43:48  Show Profile  Visit lewy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't know matty I've not prodded them... just in case they don't like it

Lewy

THE AMPHIBIAN.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

matty18714

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  22:55:13  Show Profile  Click to see matty18714's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Go on, a quick poke wont hurt

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  09:13:15  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I daren't either- they are my little squigeys.

The one that was a dot, is still a dot this morning so not looking good for the poor fella.

Dervish and one of the others is very bean shaped now though so he's doing well. They are a little bit ahead of the rest so they'll be the daddies of the tank

Go to Top of Page

matty18714

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2009 :  15:45:23  Show Profile  Click to see matty18714's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

http://hight3ch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/evil_gummy_bear.jpg

Your growing gummy bears

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 28/02/2009 :  17:23:14  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like it- at least it's a black one and not one of those awful tasting white ones

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  09:25:13  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw them wiggle last night! They move inside their eggs bless'em. So excited. Bet it won't be long now

Go to Top of Page

Jain
Tadpole

188 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  19:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooohhh... beanz... heinz 57 variety... ya never know what ya got till they pop...

If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous......
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  12:39:16  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think they are ready to pop!

Only trouble is, we think we've got a two-headed one. We thought it was twins at first, but I think they are joined. Hope we don't have to put the little fella out of his misery

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Pondweed

15 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  15:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pics pics pics....
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2009 :  15:42:42  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hopefully I can do better than pics- if I catch them coming out I'll video it

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  09:56:02  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a hatcher! Just one little Axie has escaped the confines of his egg

Can't wait to get home from work and see if his brothers and sisters have done an escaping act too.

Go to Top of Page

Jain
Tadpole

188 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  18:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow... that was bloomin' quick!!! Probably a load more gettin ready to pop now......got a vision of little pop tarts springing up all over the place now!!! who said you need hallucinogens to get high?!?!?!?!?!???? just a weird imagination

If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous......
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  09:47:01  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought more would've hatched by now, but poor Jezabelle is all alone. She hangs about near the other eggs though, so she's not lonely. Probably just showing off that's she's escaped and they haven't

We called her Jezabelle, because I decided she had to be a girl to be out early. All the others are lazy so must definitely be males

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Amphibian Forum © 2000-08 The Amphibian.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000